Page 25 - PharmBio2122_25June21
P. 25

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          SINGAPORE PHARMBIO GUIDE 2021/2022
   construction through filing an online Form IA application ( sg/ias/PublicApplicant/Homepage.aspx). The assessment includes impact on water, air, land and noise pollutions, as well as hazardous substance and toxic waste controls. NEA publishes a code of practice on environmental pollution control that provides guidance on the various pollution control requirements (SS 593:2013). The Code is available for purchase online at the Singapore Standards eShop (www.
Companies may also be asked to perform a Qualitative Risk Assessment study on their manufacturing fixed installation, pipeline and/or bulk transportation of hazardous materials to identify hazards, quantify the associated risks and propose mitigation measures.
Companies are also required to make the necessary filings to the Public Utilities Board (PUB) and Energy Market Authority (EMA) via their Licensed Water Service Plumber or Licensed Electrical Worker (LEW) respectively before their plumbingandelectricalinstallationsmay be connected to the utility supplies. Lastly, a written approval from PUB ( is required before trade effluent may be discharged into the public sewer.
Following the successful construction of the building and when all relevant government agencies have approved the respective building plans, the Commissioner of Building Control of the BCA will issue the Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) or the Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC) to grant occupancy.
Tradenet - Import, Export and Transhipment
An import/export permit is required for the import/export of all raw materials and finished goods into/out of Singapore. In Singapore, this documentation is managed via a nationwide Networked Trade Platform (NTP) ( Import/Export Permit applications may be made electronically by a Declaring Agent and approval granted via electronic messages. All traders (importer and exporter) are identified by their respective Unique Entity Numbers (UEN) from ACRA (
Import, Sale, Storage, Use and Disposal of Hazardous Substances
The National Environment Agency (NEA) is the government agency responsible for granting licences and permits for the import, use, storage and transportation of hazardous substances as defined in the Environmental Protection and Management Act and Regulations. All applications may be made online at the
one-stop Singapore business licensing portal (
Hazardous Substances Licence
– required for the import, sale or export of controlled Hazardous Substances controlled under the Environmental Protection and Management Act.
Hazardous Substances Permit
– required for the local purchase, storage and/or use of controlled
Hazardous Substances controlled under the Environmental Protection and Management (Hazardous Substances) Regulations.
Transport Approval
– required for the transportation of hazardous substance in quantities exceeding those specified in the Environmental Protection and Management (Hazardous Substances) Regulations.

   23   24   25   26   27